"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, March 16, 2015

"Buffy" At 18



While perusing my friend Gary's The Federalist blog, I noticed he posted a story of the 18th anniversary of the start of Buffy, The Vampire Slayer television show starring Sarah Michelle Gellar.

The show premiered in 1997 on the WB Network. 18 years ago.

18 years?! Wow! I used to watch Buffy faithfully every week (also, its spin-off, Angel) as did most of my co-workers. The writing was fantastic with hilarious tongue-in-cheek humor. I also have an autographed photo of Sarah Michelle Gellar on my wall.

The Federalist posted an article on the show's anniversary from The Atlantic. To read The Atlantic's article, go here.

It lost some of its steam (in my opinion) when it switched networks following a dispute over money (of course) with the WB. It lasted to 2003.

Since Buffy and Angel went off the air, television for me has been dull until recently. I have begun following three new shows: Gotham, Sleepy Hollow and The Flash. Although enjoyable, none of these shows have captured my interest (and kept it) as Buffy did. I like Gotham the best.

So, I raise a glass to toast Buffy, The Vampire Slayer's 18th anniversary!


No comments:

Search This Blog