"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Harrison Ford Plane Crash Jogs Memory




The small plane crash today of actor Harrison Ford near the Santa Monica Airport reminded me of the time I witnessed a plane crash near the San Diego Freeway (Interstate 405) in 1989.

A website lists the history of plane crashes from Santa Monica Airport during the past four decades and the one I saw was listed among them:
Oct. 26, 1989: Wheeler Aircraft Co. Express 100 (nonfatal). Experimental Wheeler Express aircraft crashed into three homes on Greenfield Ave. in West Los Angeles, causing a fire. Pilot and passenger injured.

I was heading home from work in the San Fernando Valley and was in bumper-to-bumper traffic when I saw the plane. It appeared to be doing aerobatics and just went down within blocks east of the I-405 and south of the Santa Monica Freeway (Interstate 10).

I was interviewed by one of the L.A. area newspapers about the crash.

No comments:

Search This Blog