"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Finally Folded!

Above, the bike folded. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Back in May 2015, I purchased online an Adventurer 6-speed folding bicycle to use while camping from Camping World.

The bike ride nice, although I had to put on a more comfortable seat. But, I never used it while camping. I couldn't get the blasted thing to fold. And, to make matters worse, I couldn't find the instructions that came with it.

Finally, tonight I got the thing to fold!

There's a discussion thread at a RV forum I belong to on folding bicycles and a fellow forum member posted this in reply to my post on difficulties in getting the bike to fold:
Have you tried, After releasing the fold lever, Raise the lever up, and it will release the catch pin. The guy at CW showed me that. By the time I got to try it, I totally forgot all about it. Then I saw the sticker that showed raise lever. DUH.
After reading that, I immediately tried it out and it folded on the first try! Now I can stow it in The Beast and use it!

Above, the bike ready for use. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog