"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Relax Day

Above, The Beast at Brown's Town Campground in Bishop. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today is a relaxing day at the Mammoth Mountain RV Park in Mammoth Lakes, California. I'll be heading back home tomorrow.

This has been a fun excursion into the Owens Valley area to stop at places that I haven't been to before such as Mammoth Lakes, Devil's Postpile National Monument and Manzanar Relocation Camp.

Above, The Beast at Manzanar Relocation Camp. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The Beast has performed well on this trip. Sierra is getting more used to traveling. Soon, it will be "old hat" with her.

Above, The Beast at Mammoth Lakes Village. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

On this trip, I stayed at two different campgrounds. The aforementioned Mammoth Mountain RV Park in Mammoth Lakes and Brown's Town Campground in Bishop. Of the two, I liked my site at Brown's Town Campground much better, but as far as facilities go, Mammoth Mountain RV Park has a lot more. Brown's Town Campground cries out for a swimming pool, especially since it is hotter there at this time of year. Mammoth Mountain has a spa and pool.

Above, The Beast at Mammoth Mountain RV Park. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The site I had at Brown's Town Campground was gravel and grass. Whereas, the site I have at Mammoth Mountain RV Park is asphalt. They do have some gravel sites. At least both had plenty of trees for shade.

Above, yours truly relaxing at Mammoth Mountain RV Park. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I will post reviews on both campgrounds after I get home at RV Park Reviews.

Above, Sierra stretched out and snoozing. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

For tomorrow's trek home, I am trying to decide whether to go back the way I came on U.S. 395 or head west to U.S. 99. Gasoline would be more plentiful (and cheaper) on U.S. 99. It is over $3.00/gallon here.

No comments:

Search This Blog