"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, July 22, 2016

Trump and The Space Program

Above, the shuttle Endeavour being towed in the streets of Inglewood, California in 2012. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since President Obama gutted the space shuttle program before we had a replacement vehicle to service the International Space Station, we've had to rely on the Russians to supply and man the ISS.

While I was pleased with Donald Trump's acceptance speech last night, I was disappointed that he did not mention NASA or the space program.

A few years ago, Trump Tweeted:



Since then, he has expressed that we should put our priorities onto the nation's infrastructure before spending on space. I disagree. I feel that we should be able to do both. I stand with President Kennedy's statement on space: "We mean to be a part of it. We mean to lead it!"

I have always contended that the space program was the only worthwhile government program we have. I still feel that way.

I have Tweeted to Trump that he needs to revive the space program and issue a detailed policy statement.

No comments:

Search This Blog