"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, July 28, 2016

To Da Dump, To Da Dump...

Above, the state park's sign at Las Virgenes Road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This morning was set aside to empty The Beast's holding tanks. They were both full from the recent trip up the Owens Valley to Mammoth Lakes and Tioga Pass in Yosemite National Park.

One thing I was not looking forward to was the drive to Camping World in Valencia to use the dump station there. Although free to us Good Sam members, I was reluctant to drive in the morning rush hour.

But, I did find a viable alternative. That was Malibu Creek State Park near Calabasas on Las Virgenes Road.

Above, looking towards the campground from the dump station. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Malibu Creek State Park has a nice campground (I last camped there around 26 years ago) and they also have a dump station. One doesn't have to camp there to use the dump station. All one has to do is pay the ranger a $12 fee to use it. Which I did.

Above, emptying The Beast's holding tanks. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

One could ask, "Why not go to Camping World and use their dump station for free instead?" Well, besides the drive in morning rush hour, it is about 25-30 miles away. The Beast gets around 10 miles per gallon of gasoline. Malibu Creek State Park is about 13 miles away and it is against the flow of traffic. I got there in about 25 minutes. So, I saved on gasoline. I think I was better of by going to the state park instead.

The drive time I saved is allowing me to talk to attorney offices, which is the second item of today's agenda.

So, if anyone wants to save gas, drive time and miles, the convenience of going to Malibu Creek State Park is a good alternative for San Fernando Valley RV owners to empty your holding tanks.

By the way, the maximum length for RVs at the campground is 30'.

No comments:

Search This Blog