"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Made It To Graceland!

Above, Graceland from across the street. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today's drive from Metropolis, Illinois to Memphis, Tennessee should have been easier.

I left Metropolis around 6:00 this morning. I headed south from Metropolis and crossed the Ohio River into Kentucky. While on the main roads I had no problem, but when the AAA Trip Tik had me drive through rural backroads, that's where I had trouble.

Above, The Beast at Graceland RV Park. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The instructions on the Trip Tik pages were confusing and the roads were not clearly marked with signs.

Above, one of the shops I spent a few dollars at today. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I had to stop a few times, look over the Trip Tik and other maps, sometimes turn around or just find an alternate route. Fortunately, I didn't add any miles to the drive and arrived in Memphis around 10:00.

It was interesting to drive thorough the backroads of Kentucky. Many homes had political signs in their yards, mostly for local candidates. But, there were LOTS of them with Trump signs. The only Hillary signs I saw were two of them at a streetcorner. There were no Hillary signs in any front yards. This was true in Missouri (I saw one Hillary sign in someone's yard in Metropolis) and Tennessee.

If these signs are an indicator on the election this coming Tuesday, then Trump has the "solid South" locked up!

Above, the closest shopping center to the RV park. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I am staying at the Graceland RV Park, which is across the street from Elvis Presley's Graceland mansion and behind the now-closed Heartbreak Hotel. A new hotel has opened across the street, replacing it.

It is very convenient to be able to stay at a RV park just across the street from Graceland. It is just a short walk to the souvenir shops and the tour station.

Above, the Graceland tour station. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, I toured Graceland mansion (a subject for another blog) and did some shopping. Tomorrow, I will take the Sun Studio tour, which also includes Beale Street. The shuttle bus for the tour picks up near the RV park. Convenient!

One nice thing about digital photography, visitors are now allowed to take photographs inside the mansion as long as flash isn't used. 

No comments:

Search This Blog