"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Are RVs Tax Deductible?

Above, at La Mesa RV in San Diego. I didn't any consider tax
deductions when I made my purchase. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

One of the last things I even considered (actually, not at all) when I bought my 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie was tax deductions. 

I didn't finance it, I paid cash for it.

But, there are those out there in the hinterlands who are considering buying an RV and may be wondering if the purchase can be deducted off one's income taxes.

RV Life takes a look at this question and they begin with:

When you think about RVs, you probably think about fun, freedom, and adventure. And the least fun, free, and adventurous thing you can think of is probably taxes. But there is an interesting question here: are RVs tax deductible?

In fact, there are a few ways you can use your RV for tax deductions. If you:

  • Bought your RV in the current tax year
  • Use your RV as your primary or secondary home
  • Use your RV for business purposes

Or if you have any combination of these, you may be able to make some deductions on your taxes. Let’s look at all the different ways this is possible.

To read further, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog