"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, February 20, 2022

5 Signs of Highway Hypnosis

Above, on Colorado's Million Dollar Highway in the San Juan Mountains. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When some people I know drive for long distances with no or few breaks, I have to shake my head in wonderment.

For myself, since I am getting older, I make brief stops here and there. I even did this while younger. Dozing off, even for a split-second, is scary. I keep a Thermos of coffee with me or I stop and get a cup somewhere.

RV Life has an article on the five signs of highway hypnosis.

They begin it with:

You’ve probably heard of the common term for highway hypnosis, white line fever.  Highway hypnosis happens when we are driving a monotonous route, and our brain gradually slips into a semi-conscious autopilot state.  After we have been driving in a hypnotized state, we can suddenly arrive at our destination safely with no recollection of having consciously driven there.  

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog