"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, May 6, 2022

The Best RV Coffee Maker

Above, my Stanley camping percolator. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

RV Life has posted an article about RV coffee makers. The writer doesn't seem to like them for various reasons. 

Frankly, I think he's overexaggerating.

When I am camping at a campground or RV park, I use my Black & Decker 5-cup coffee maker. When I am dry camping (i.e., no hook-ups) I use my Stanley percolator. 

I do agree with the writer on one thing: clean-up. The coffee maker isn't so bad, but I find cleaning the percolator to be a pain-in-the-butt in dealing with coffee grounds that have escaped the basket.

There are some places, like the Route 66 RV Resort near Albuquerque, that have free morning coffee in the recreation room so I don't have to deal with either. For me, that would qualify as the "best" RV coffee maker.

That said, here's how the article starts:

I hate my RV coffee maker. Mind you, I love what comes out of it. In fact 66% of Americans agree…we love coffee. We love the way it smells, the way it tastes, and the way it clears a foggy head in the morning. Come evening time, we love the way it brings us together for conversation, or takes that over-sweet edge off your favorite slice of cheesecake. But that RV coffee maker…ugh!

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog