"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, May 28, 2022

RV Travel: Preparing For An Extended Trip

Above, at the Superman statue in Metropolis, Illinois.

The longest RV road trip I've ever taken was six years ago when I took a three-week trip to Metropolis, Illinois for actress Noel Neill's celebration of life services.

During that trip, I also visited: Memphis, Tennessee; Springfield, Illinois; Topeka, Kansas; Abilene, Kansas; Monument Valley and Grand Canyon National Park.

RV Travel posted an article on preparing for extended RV trips. How extended? Over six months.

It begins it with:

Getting ready to hit the road for an extended period, say anything more than a few weeks, takes different planning and preparation than a simple weekend camping trip.

After living much of my life on the road, this usually annual preparation to leave the comforts of home behind has become second nature. But if you’re new to RV full-timing (or most-timing) there are a lot of moving parts to keep track of.

Some tasks you can do well in advance. Others need to be dealt with at the last minute.

As I am currently planning to start wandering for the next six months or so, I thought I would share my process.

I keep a running to-do list and packing list that I start a month or more before leaving.

This master list, which you should add to anytime you think of something, will keep you organized and make sure you don’t forget anything important.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog