"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, May 6, 2024

Crazy Horse Campgrounds Lost This Customer

Above, at Crazy Horse Campgrounds in 2019. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

A good way for a business to lose customers is to refuse to provide a service they have done in the past.

Such is the case with Crazy Horse Campgrounds in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. As I am only going to be in town until tomorrow, I am staying at Mitch Geriminsky's (in his driveway) instead of staying at Crazy Horse as I normally do. 

I stopped there around 11:00 this morning to use their RV holding tank dump station. I have done so in the past when I have stayed at Mitch's and needed to empty the holding tanks. They charged a fee of $10-15.

I pulled up to the entrance gate shack and told the attendant what I was there for. He said he never handled such a request and proceeded to call the main office for instructions. After he got off the phone, he said he was told that they no longer provide that service.

I said that I have been a regular customer of theirs since 2015 and they have always provided this service. That didn't make any difference. 

So I pulled over to the area where the dump station is located to turn around and use my phone to find a dump station I could use. He then came over and said that I would have to pull out of that area. I looked and there was nobody coming in and I was not in anyone's way. 

I found a dump station available at the Lake Havasu State Park. So I went there and took care of emptying the holding tanks. I got some literature on the state park and they have water and electric hook-up sites, along with the dump station. And, they accept reservations.

It looks like I'll be staying there in the future. If Crazy Horse Campgrounds wants to treat nine-year customers this way, fuck 'em. They don't need my business anymore.

No comments:

Search This Blog