"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, May 6, 2024

Gen. Patton Memorial Museum

Above, Gen. George S. Patton and Willie. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Following the clampout, I headed across the desert to reach Interstate 10 to go to the General Patton Memorial Museum at Chiriaco Summit to see my uncle Ralph Ledoux's memorial brick I bought about a couple of years ago.

As the museum opens at 9:30 and I got to Chiriaco Summit 45 minutes early, I had a chili and cheese omelete at the Chiriaco Summit Cafe. It was excellent!

When I got there, I went to the clerk's desk to have them look up its location. But, it wasn't in their computer system.

I asked them to lead me to the newer section of bricks. We went over to a wall next to (and west) of the statue of General Patton and his dog Willie. Almost immediately, talk about luck, I found my uncle's brick. Considering that there are thousands of bricks, it was amazing finding it right away.

After taking some pictures of it, I went to my dad's and grandfather's brick and took some pictures of them.  

Here's the bricks:





No comments:

Search This Blog