"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Starting Out Better Than Expected

When this weekend started, it appeared to be one of those weekends that car repairs would take priority over everything else and that money would be pissed out the door. Car trouble seems to come at the same time for all cars that one owns.

Above, the '89.

First, it began when I noticed that all my stop lights weren't working on the '89 Mustang. The bulbs were okay and I checked the fuse. The fuse appeared okay as well. But, as a precaution, I changed it anyway. The stop lights still didn't work. So it had to be the brake light switch or something else.

Into the shop it went on Thursday. It turned out that a wire shorted out between the switch and the lights. Fixed. But money out the window.

Above, the 2000 Mustang.

Next, my daughter's 2000 Mustang's brakes were grinding. But the brakes were only two years old. Into the shop it went, this morning. The problem was that on the front disc brakes, the calipers weren't opening on one wheel after the brake pedal was released. They stayed closed and it eventually ground down to the metal. Ouch! My daughter and I split the repair costs 50/50. At least that's repaired. Still, it was money out the window again.

At least I did manage to get my narrative for my Monsterpalooza presentation (set for this coming Friday at 8:00 PM) completed and did some more repairs to my car (such as replacing a busted corner/side marker light assembly) that I held off doing due to all the rains we've been having. (It appears rain is coming tonight or tomorrow.) Thank goodness I have plenty of tools to get the work done.

I thought that I'd have to dip into my savings in order to come up with April's rent. Well, I forgot to check today's mail until this evening.

Lo and behold, there were three checks in the mailbox, including one from ComiXpress for sales of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan. The three combined were more than enough to cover this month's rent with plenty left over! There must be good karma in the air or something!

At least I don't have to dip into my savings for a while. That is always a plus, as far as I am concerned.

The month is starting out better than expected!

No comments:

Search This Blog