"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Miki!

Above, one of many photographs taken of Miki for promoting The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan.

Since publishing The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan, it has been my good fortune in meeting and working with a many wonderful people over the past year and a half.

One of which is model Miki Hayashi.

Last year, through writer, filmmaker and dinosaur expert Donald F. Glut, I was able to secure the services of two topnotch models, Yuu Asakura and Miki Hayashi.

After coming home from work tonight, I found out that today's Miki's birthday.

Besides being a model, Miki is a university student living in the Long Beach area. She is originally from Kyoto, Japan.

Above, following our photo-shoot, Miki and I had a "wrap" lunch at Crazy Tokyo Sushi.

I first met Miki last February (although we had spoken on the phone a few times prior) when we did our photo-shoot. I found her to be a very nice person and easy to work with.

Then, last April, I was scheduled to present a talk on monster movie locations in Japan at this year's Monsterpalooza in Burbank. My daughter Amber was going to assist me, but came down with a nasty flu a few weeks before Monsterpalooza. She stil wasn't fully recovered when Monsterpalooza approached.

So, I called Miki and she agreed to pitch in and assist me. Am I ever grateful for that!

While at Monsterpalooza, I introduced her to "Mr. Godzilla" himself, Haruo Nakajima and to master monster suit-maker, Shinichi Wakasa.

Above, Miki with Haruo Nakajima at Monsterpalooza.

So, here's a big Happy Birthday to Miki! Happy Birthday, Miki!

1 comment:

Vaughn Banks said...

Happy Birthday, Miki, I wish you great success in your modeling career and hope you branch out into acting.

Search This Blog