"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Drenched!

Above, the class before ours. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Tonight was the first hour long karate class that Amber and I attended.

To say it was quite a workout would be a gross understatement. Amber had her evaluation/orientation session (like I had several days ago) before the full class began.


Above, Amber kicking during her evaluation/orientation session. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The actual class began with stretching exercises and, from there, went into defense moves, punches, kicks and a whole range of stances to block an attacker.

By the time we were nearly done, I was drenched from sweat. This is the most workout since probably college when I took a conditioning class. I'm sure more than a few calories were burned away tonight.

Amber said I did pretty good (probably better than she expected) and is proud of me for pursuing this. Since Denise is taking up boxing, I figured I'd do karate. I've been thinking on taking it up for quite a while.

Above, Amber posted this after we were done. "Pops"?!

It is questionable if Amber can commit to a year's karate course due to her work schedule (involving 2 jobs). The school is willing to work with her to give her the instruction she needs to keep up, including private lessons. I hope she is able to attend, I really would like to have someone I know around. I am planning to stick with it. I like the staff.

My next session is this coming Saturday.

No comments:

Search This Blog