"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Mark This Off My Bucket List

Above, Amber's t-shirt showing the front (left) and mine showing the back (right). Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Another item is about to be marked off of my "bucket list",

Amber and I signed up today for some self-defense classes (karate). It has been something I've wanted to do for myself (to get exercise and prolong my life) and for Amber (for self-defense and fitness).

I had my first orientation/evaluation class today and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was admittedly winded following the warm-up calisthenics, but that faded when we got into some defensive techniques. My instructor, a rather attractive brunette, said I did good, especially with my defense block moves (said I was fast). I told her I did take defense classes when I worked armed patrol.

As we are in an initial two-week course, we were given our schedules and t-shirts (pictured above). Once we sign up (and pay) for the full 12-month course, we will be getting our uniforms and equipment.

Our first class is this coming Tuesday night. I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Search This Blog