"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Churchill and The Duke



Today, I had to go into Gallup to do some grocery shopping and pick up a few other things at Walmart.

While there, I bought a Blu-ray of Darkest Hour with Gary Oldman as Prime Minister Winston Churchill and a DVD of John Wayne: 10 Movie Collection (5 discs).

I am looking forward to watching Darkest Hour tonight to see Oldman's Academy Award-winning portrayal of Churchill.



But I am also looking forward to seeing The Duke in what was probably the biggest example of miscasting ever. Wayne was (mis)cast as Genghis Khan in The Conqueror.

I can't wait to hear his speech as Khan when he says:
Men! Tonight we ride! We're gonna plunder the villages, steal the sheep and rape the women! 
And I want ya to get it right this time!

No comments:

Search This Blog