"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, March 23, 2023

Breakfast At The El Rancho

Above, Santa Fe Trail poster in the El Rancho dining room. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This morning, I was about to make my morning breakfast oatmeal and found out that I was out of it.

Since I have to take my meds with food my recourse was to go to a restaurant for breakfast. Since I was going to go into Gallup anyway today to grocery shop, I figured I would go to the El Rancho Hotel in Gallup for breakfast. It was about 28° outside when I left the house. 

Above, the front of the Historic El Rancho Hotel & Motel in Gallup this morning. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

That's what I ended up doing. The El Rancho is only a block away from Lowe's market, where I was going to get some items. I had huevos rancheros for breakfast.

While there, I took the above photo of a movie poster for Santa Fe Trail (1940) that starred Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland, Raymond Massey and Ronald Reagan. A placard next to the poster read that location filming for the movie took place in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Cast and crew members stayed at the El Rancho during the 1940 movie shoot.

No comments:

Search This Blog