"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Tombstone Next Month

Above, Boot Hill graves of those killed at the O.K. Corral. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Next month, the Lost Dutchman Chapter #5917 + 4 of E Clampus Vitus will be holding its Spring Clampout at Tombstone, Arizona

I am looking forward to this as I haven't been to Tombstone since the summer of 1988.

Above, Tombstone's Bird Cage Theater in 1988. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

We will be encamped in town in a big field within walking distance of the town's historical area.

Tombstone is roughly 426 miles from home, essentially a day's drive. Along the way, depending how early I am able to get on the road, I might cruise by John Wayne's Arizona cattle ranch, the 26 Bar Ranch near Eagar, Arizona. It is now owned by the Hopi Tribe. If I can't make it there while en route to to Tombstone, I'll cruise by on the way home.

Above, the main street of Tombstone in 1988. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After the clampout, I will be heading to Old Tucson. It is about 70 miles from Tombstone and my only opportunity for visiting is on Sunday as it is only open Thursdays through Sundays. I have never been there before. Rio Bravo (1959) and El Dorado (1966) were filmed there.

This should make for a very fun trip!

No comments:

Search This Blog