"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, June 6, 2024

Swamp Cooler Fixed, Etc.

Above, the old and new swamp cooler motors. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This morning, I headed into Gallup to go to the Home Depot to get a new motor for the swamp cooler.

Just in case, I brought along the old motor for reference. They had one of the same configurations (horsepower, etc.) as the old one. I also bought a new plug cable and pulley for it.

After getting home, I texted friend Nandoh and he said he'd be over in an hour or so. 

While waiting for him, I worked on the Jeep and got it running. While it was running, I did some adjusting of the carburetor. Now it idles stronger. (I later took it to the Flying J to check the mailbox and everything went fine. No conk-outs!) It wasn't the fuel pump after all.

Later, Nandoh came over and installed the new swamp cooler motor. It fired up as soon as I turned on the switch. I will be taking Nandoh and his wife to dinner for helping out.

It's a good thing we got the motor in, it is going to be over 90° today. It is 88° now.

Speaking of heat, I heard from Asya. Today's her birthday. She said she's in Dubai. She got there two weeks ago. She is working as a massage therapist in one of the hotels. She may work for a massage salon for a British girl.

She sent the below photo:


No comments:

Search This Blog