"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Famous Monsters #253 Arrives!

Above, the Kerry Gammill cover.

Famous Monsters of Filmland #253 arrived in the mailbox today.

Boy, was I pleasantly surprised! The issue is beautiful! The production values are outstanding and the images reproduced brilliantly on slick paper. It is light years ahead of the old days when it was printed on inferior paper. It is 80 pages of pure monster delights.

The issue's cover depicts Bela Lugosi as "The Sayer of the Law" in Island of Lost Souls was beautifully rendered by Kerry Gammill. This is the subscription cover, but there are three different covers available at newsstands and Captain Company.

Another pleasant surprise: my ad for The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan appears full-page on page 43 and it reproduced beyond my wildest expectations! A big kudos to Archie Waugh for creating the ad!

Above, the ad.

According to editor Jessie Lilley, Famous Monsters is "in Borders, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Hastings."

UPDATE: Archie Waugh, who created the ad, doesn't seem to have a dealer in his area who sells Famous Monsters. He asked me to take a picture of it. So I did and sent it to him. Since I already have the photo, I thought I'd post it here. I had to use my laptop as an easel.



Archie noticed that Famous Monsters replaced the lime green border with a black one. I thought there was something different.

No comments:

Search This Blog