"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Japan: Day One

Got in a little early yesterday. After going through customs and immigration, I was at the JR ticket counter for my Narita Express train ticket into Tokyo by 3:25 PM.

I got into the hotel around 5:30 PM.

Unfortunately, there's no Wi-Fi at my hotel and their free Internet device plug-in isn't compatible with my plugs and they have no adapter. So I can't post photos yet.

Had a visit with Ai, a friend I met here. I took some photos of her with The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan.

Went to the Tsukji Fish Market early this morning. Had a great sushi breakfast at a restaurant near it. You can taste the freshness! This is the market's busy season and there's a sign at the main entrance saying no visitors. But I used a Jedi mind trick on the guard ("He's too important to be kept out!") and he let me in. Actually, I went in through another entrance and had no problem wandering around. Took stills and video. Interesting place!

Meeting with a book dealer/distributor this morning and then off to Toho Studios to photograph the new Godzilla statue and then to Asakusa and the Sky Tree Tower. I saw the tower as I came in yesterday, it is enormous and it is not even finished!

Haruo and Sonoe Nakajima are on holiday this week, so we couldn't meet up. But Sonoe did leave a signed copy of her dad's book for me at the hotel. It was waiting for me as I checked in.

So far, so good!

1 comment:

Maria Malone said...

Hi Cuz, your pictures and narratives are great, as usual! Looks like you're having a great time and seeing alot. Be safe on your journey....love you, Maria

Search This Blog