"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, December 6, 2010

Japan: Day Two

The first full day in Japan had me going to Setagaya (a section of Tokyo) to see and photograph the Godzilla statue and the Seven Samurai mural at the entrance to Toho Studios.

The place has really changed since I was last there in 2001. I didn't go inside the studio, but was able to see it from the outside. As soon as I can get a Wi-Fi service or an Internet service that's compatible with my computer, I'll post photos here.

Following Toho Studios, I took the train back into central Tokyo to go to Asakusa to do some gift shopping and to photograph the new Sky Tree Tower.

The Sky Tree is still under construction and already it is immense! I took several photographs of it (and video) with Asahi Beer's "Golden Flame" (some call it the Golden Turd) sculpture at their headquarters in the foreground.

The Sky Tree is replacing Tokyo Tower as the transmission tower for digital broadcasting. Tokyo Tower was found to be too short for this purpose.

I thought I had an appointment with a book dealer/distributor, but I re-read a recent email that he was too busy to meet but would promote The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan at a show on December 4. This worked out better for me as I had more time to roam around Tokyo.

Today (December 7) I have two newspaper interviews and a lunch with Toho Cinemas' Masaharu Ina.

So far, the weather has been nice. It was sunny, but a little cold. My new wool coat worked just fine in keeping me warm.

Tonight, I will see Space Battleship Yamato over in Hibiya. Tomorrow, I leave for Niigata. I hope the hotel there has a Wi-Fi or a compatible Internet access system.

No comments:

Search This Blog