"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, July 30, 2018

Now In Lake Havasu

Above, Belle's Restaurant & Espresso, where I almost cashed in my chips. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today is day three following my heart attack in Wells, Nevada.

Yesterday, Mitch and I headed back to Mitch's in Lake Havasu, Arizona. I was discharged from the St. Luke's Medical Center in Twin Falls, Idaho. After my discharge, we headed to Walmart and Walgreen's to fill the prescriptions the hospital gave me. (What a hassle in dealing with medical insurance!)

Above, the Hotel Nevada in Ely, Nevada. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After getting the prescriptions filled, we headed out of Twin Falls.

We stopped for gas in Wells, Nevada. The Wells Fun Run was over by the time we got there. I took a photo of Belle's Restaurant & Espresso, where the heart attack happened. I learned from Mitch that the paramedics attending me said my pulse rate was 24. I am so lucky that it happened where it did and that people were present (namely, Mitch) who knew what to do.

Above, a John Wayne display at the Hotel Nevada. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Our next stop was in Ely, Nevada for dinner. We ate at Denny's in the Hotel Nevada. I was being good by avoiding red meat and had salmon. After dinner, we drove around town and spotted a combination saloon and brothel (prostitution is legal in some counties of Nevada).

Above, the Stardust Ranch, a brothel in Ely, Nevada. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After Ely, we headed south on Highway 93 towards Las Vegas. We were going to spend the night in Ely, but we thought it best to be at a location where medical care facilities are close by.

Above, The Beast at the Desert Eagle RV Park on Nellis Air Force Base. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

So, we stayed in Las Vegas. Actually, we spent the night at the Desert Eagle RV Park on Nellis Air Force Base. It is a nice RV park for active and retired military personnel.

Above, yours truly, seemingly shrunken, at Terrible's Road House in Searchlight, Nevada. Photo by Mitch Geriminsky.

The next morning, we headed off to Lake Havasu. Along the way, we stopped for breakfast at Terrible's Road House in Searchlight, Nevada.

We arrived at Mitch's place at around 11:00 in the morning. 

No comments:

Search This Blog