"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Julie Adams, R.I.P.

Above, Julie Adams and yours truly at the 2009 Monsterpalooza.

Some sad news has been posted over on Facebook.

The first comes from Laura Wagner:
R.I.P., JULIE ADAMS, 92, a wonderful, underappreciated actress. I've always liked her so much, especially her TV work, and I was lucky to have been in contact with her. No date of death or details yet, but this news comes from her CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON (1954) co-star/friend Ricou Browning.

And, from Don Glut:
More bad news... I'm so glad I got to see Julie every few months for the past couple years, as we were both regular guests at the San Fernando Valley Comic Book Convention in Granada Hills. I always told her that I enjoyed her in a movie I'd just seen on TCM -- and she seemed delighted when it was something other that CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, like MAN FROM THE ALAMO.
Above, the autographed photo by Julie Adams I got from her in 2009.

I first met Julie Adams at Monsterpalooza in 2009 in Burbank. I received the autographed photo from her and a photo with her at that show. I had seen her at subsequent shows and we always greeted each other. She was definitely "tickled pink" in 2009 when I looked at the photo and then her and said, "You haven't changed!" She was a very sweet lady that fans will sorely miss seeing at future conventions. At least she had the blessing of having a long and active life.

Her last post in her Facebook page on January 1, 2019:
Happy New Year from Julie Adams! I wish blessings to my friends and family this year and through the years. Thank you for being so wonderful. I hope 2019 brings joy and happiness to you and yours! Much love -- Julie

No comments:

Search This Blog