"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, February 23, 2019

A Drive Up The Hill

Above, a view of the mesas in the distance from upper Whispering Cedars. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

For the heck of it, I took a little "road trip" to upper Whispering Cedars to see the area under a blanket of snow. This area got around 15 inches of snow during yesterday's storm.

Above, looking down Whispering Cedars Road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Unfortunately, unlike lower Whispering Cedars (where I live), the upper area wasn't snow-plowed and the roads were a bit icy. While stopping to shoot some photos of friend Greg's wife Marlo's hogan, I couldn't get enough traction to drive further uphill. So I had to back up a little to turn around in somone's driveway entrance. I thought it best to head back down before I got myself stuck (or worse).

Above, Marlo's hogan. It is still not completed, mainly the interior. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Still, it was a nice little drive. But without the roads being plowed or not having snow chains, I wouldn't attempt it again.

Above, the snow on the driveway in front of the garage. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After getting home, I took some shots of the yard. The snow on the driveway in front of the garage was very smooth. I took a shot of it with the GOCO Beast Barn in the background.

No comments:

Search This Blog