"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, April 2, 2021

Kiplinger: Everything You Must Know About RV Insurance

Above, The Beast at Manzanita Lake Campground at Lassen Volcanic National Park. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I bought my RV six years ago, I couldn't drive it off the dealer's lot until it was insured.

I called my auto insurer, but they told me they don't insure recreational vehicles. However, they told me who does and forwarded me to them. The premium was so cheap in cost that I paid the full year's premium on the spot and drove the RV off the lot. I am still with the insurer.

Kiplinger has posted an article on everything people must know about RV insurance.

The begin it with:

As Americans weigh how to vacation safely in the middle of a pandemic, sales for RVs are skyrocketing. Total shipments from RV manufacturers were up nearly 47% year-over-year last December, according to data from the RV Industry Association. “People are taking more road trips,” says Laila Ali of Ace RV Sales and Rentals, a family-run business in Herndon, Va. 

Doubling as both transportation and accommodation, RVs offer vacationers a socially distant way to travel. But RVs can be expensive, costing anywhere from less than $10,000 for a travel trailer towed behind a vehicle to $500,000 or more for a luxury motorhome. 

Protecting that investment with the right insurance is critical. “The RV is potentially your largest physical asset, in many cases worth as much, if not more, than a primary residence,” says David Russell, powersports product manager at property insurer Nationwide. 

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog