"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, April 26, 2021

The Oscars: Nope, I Didn't Watch

Above, John Wayne's Oscar for True Grit on display at John Wayne: An
American Experience in Fort Worth, Texas. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Oh, were the Academy Awards on last night?

That's been my general attitude over the past 20 years or so. I used to enjoy watching them, but when Hollywood decided to go to the far left, I decided that I wouldn't bother subjecting myself to a bunch of know-nothings spew their leftist drivel and get aggravated.

Besides, the real stars (my favorites) are long gone. The stars from the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s and 1960s are either dead or retired and close to it (well, Clint Eastwood is the sole exception). None of the "stars" of today could not entice me to bother walking across the street to take a peek at them. They're a dime a dozen and from the same cookie-cutter.

According to Sean Hannity, many others have the same attitude. The ratings for last night's Oscars plunged 58% from last year. Only 9.85 million people watched.

Hannity posted the numbers drop since 1991, which coincides with my interest drop:

**USA to HOLLYWOOD: 'No Thanks!'**

Viewers in 1991: 42 million

Viewers in 2001: 43 million

Viewers in 2011: 38 million

Viewers in 2021: 9.8 million



So, it's another year without bothering to watch for myself and a big bunch of other people.

Hollywood only has itself to blame.

No comments:

Search This Blog