"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Mitch's 70th Birthday

Mitch Geriminsky's 70th birthday party took place yesterday afternoon in Lake Havasu.

There was a sizable group there and some took advantage of jumping into his pool or jacuzzi. We had a great spaghetti dinner, thanks to his wife Holly.

As with all birthday parties, it included the opening of gifts.

Mine was planned out several months in advance. I contacted Asya in St. Petersburg, Russia to commission a farm scene painting. Their home decor is in a farm motif and I had an idea to have her paint a farm scene as "Mitchell Farms" and include his age as the address of the farm. During the process, I kept Holly in the loop, so she knew what Mitch would be getting.

I figured that since he essentially saved my bacon in Wells, Nevada five years ago when I had my heart attack, I owed him this. Plus, he has been a good friend since we were 13 years old.

Here is the painting:

Above, Mitchell Farms. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When Asya sent the painting to me, she included this birthday greeting:


After the birthday gifts were all opened. Mitch and I posed with the painting.

Above,  Mitch and I posed with the painting.. Photo by Dwight Kuntz.


No comments:

Search This Blog