"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Let's Break Out Some Winchesters!

Above, the Winchester 94 at the shooting area near Jamestown, New Mexico. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The following dialog is from Chisum (1970) between James Pepper (Ben Johnson) and John Chisum (John Wayne):

James Pepper:

What are you going to do?

John Simpson Chisum:

What I had done twenty-five years ago. Pat, get the men out of South Camp. Trace, you round up everybody that can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters!

Above, my grandfather's Winchester 62A. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Now that I "found" my grandfather's Winchester 62A, I have two Winchesters. The other one is my Winchester 94 lever-action .30-30. The Winchester 62A was made in 1947 and the Winchester 94 was made in 1962.

Now that I have two Winchesters, if need be, I can "break out some Winchesters."

Above, the two Winchesters together. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


No comments:

Search This Blog