| Above, the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor. Photo by Armand Vaquer. |
Anyone visiting the Hawaiian islands should include Pearl Harbor as a "must" in their itineraries.
This especially goes for people who are interested in World War II history.
When I went to Hawaii in 2016, a visit to Pearl Harbor was included. While there, we screened a video on the Pearl Harbor attack before boarding the shuttle boat to the USS Arizona Memorial.
DestinationLess Travel posted an article on the best Pearl Harbor tour from Waikiki.
They begin it with:
How do you even begin to understand a place as significant as Pearl Harbor? In my experience, taking a tour makes the experience easier to navigate and more meaningful.
Visiting Pearl Harbor is one of the most important things to do in Honolulu, especially if you want to learn more about what happened on December 7, 1941, and its impact on Hawaii, the United States, and the world.
When I visited Honolulu with my family, we took this Pearl Harbor tour from Waikiki and thought it was a really simple and well-organized way to visit the memorial. So, I’ve written this honest review to share exactly what the tour was like, what I loved, and a few things to know before you book.
To read more, go here.
No comments:
Post a Comment