![]() |
| Above, the Minnie Winner in Quartzsite, Arizona. Photo by Armand Vaquer. |
The following RV Travel article poll is a bit timely.
I've had my 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie for 11 years. I bought it new at La Mesa RV in San Diego in February 2015.
During the years since then, I've only had a few minor problems with it. The bathroom vent cover was "glued" shut. That was taken care of while the RV was still under warranty. Then, in 2018, a roof vent cover broke due to weather-related brittleness. The next problem was about three years ago when the house door lock mechanism broke due to the wind slamming the door shut multiple times in Lake Havasu. I got a mobile repairer I knew to fix it.
Then, this year, the toilet shut-off valve started acting up along with flushing problems. The toilet had to be replaced. That was the most expensive repair item since I bought the motorhome. I still consider myself lucky.
I still consider the motorhome the most reliable vehicle I've ever bought. It has provided great service for 11 years.
It looks like others have not been so lucky from what I am reading in RV Travel. They posted an article explaining that many RV issues fall into the "myth" category and many do not.
They begin it with:
If you spend time in RV Facebook groups or online forums, you might come away convinced that every RV is falling apart.
Scroll through the comments and you’ll find stories about failed refrigerators, leaking roofs, slide problems, and endless trips back to the dealership.
To read the full article, go here.

No comments:
Post a Comment