"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

The Most Dependable 9mm Pistols Ever Made

Above, the Ruger P95 made the most dependable list. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Over the years, I've had both Ruger P89 9mm and Ruger P95 9mm pistols. I had to sell the P89s (my dad bought me one and I inherited his) but I still have the P95. The P95 one is my go-to defense gun that I keep handy. 

The Avid Outdoorsman posted a list of 20 most dependable 9mm pistols ever made and the 'Ruger P95 made the list.

They begin with:

I’ve watched more 9mm pistols choke on a dusty range bench than I care to admit. Most of the time it’s not because the gun is “junk.” It’s because somebody bought something too tight, too finicky, too under-sprung for cheap ammo, or too clever by half. Dependable is boring, and boring is what you want when it’s riding in a console, living in a nightstand, or tucked under a jacket on a gas-station run in the middle of nowhere.

This isn’t a list of what’s hottest right now. It’s the 9mms that tend to keep running after the new-gun excitement wears off, after the first few thousand rounds, after a little lint gets into places you didn’t know existed. Some are big, some are small, some are heavy, and a couple feel like a brick. But when it comes to the guns I’ve seen come back from hard use and still just work, these are the standouts.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog