"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Annual Springtime Ritual



The springtime ritual of having one's tax forms has been completed.

The bad news is...I have to pay. No refund.

The good news is...it was well-within the amount I set aside for taxes (with some left over). So, I don't have to dig further into my pocket to make Uncle Sam happy when I write that check.



Another bit of good news was that I was able to write off expenses for my trip to Japan last December. Since it was mainly for promoting The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan, I was able to write off the airfare, Tokyo lodging and land transporation. My excursion to Niigata wasn't counted as it was purely for pleasure.



Thankfully, I have the documentation that the Tokyo portion of the trip was for promotional purposes. My tax preparer was impressed by the copies of Metropolis magazine and The Daily Yomiuri (featuring yours truly) I brought along.

Now to concentrate on this year.

No comments:

Search This Blog