"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Inconvenient Computer Troubles


Having computer problems never comes at a convenient time, and so it was this morning.

I have AOL (been with them for 11 years) and it was slower than molasses and messages couldn't be sent. At first I thought it was my old desktop PC, so I ran a virus scan to see if that would take care of the problem. Then I switched to my laptop. Same problem. So, I ran a virus scan there.

While that was going on, I went to the PC and the problem persisted. I then gave rebuilding the AOL adapter a try.

As I said, these things don't come at convenient times. I had to go to the local office of the California Highway Patrol in Woodland Hills to obtain a copy of a traffic report from the Victorville CHP. After this, I had to scan and create a PDF file to send it to the main office of the claims company I work for.

When I returned, I found the laptop was working somewhat normal. So, I scanned in the report and sent it off with no problem.

Then, I went to my PC and either the rebuilding of the AOL adapter did the trick or it was a problem throughout AOL that eventually got ironed out from AOL's end. From the PC, I was able to forward my billing sheet to the boss. Now I can get paid. Whew!

So here we are. At least things are now working normally (at least so far).

No comments:

Search This Blog