"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, May 17, 2013

Options, Opportunity and Incentive

The closing of ComiXpress did not come as a total surprise to me. As I mentioned earlier, their website has been down for "maintenance" for about a week or so. I did consider what I would do if they closed down.

I've already made inquiries with other publishers and some seem very promising. Since I am in no rush and I have three boxes full of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan in stock, I should have enough last to the end of the year. (I had some already and ordered more before the Mad Monster Party convention in March. Good thing I did, in light of today's news.)  I will continue to check with publishers to see what services they have available and the cost.

At present, I see that I have two options:

1.  I can go with a new publisher and continue with the current edition (but modify it to remove references/advertising to ComiXpress). This would be the easier route, but...

2. I can go with a new publisher and publish a new, revised/updated edition.  I have been thinking along these lines for the past several months anyway. This presents a good opportunity and incentive to get on the ball to do so.



One publisher, Ka-Blam Digital Printing, compares favorably to what I had at ComiXpress.  Jenni at Ka-Blam is already familiar with The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan and this blog. And, she has received other queries since ComiXpress made their announcement.

She wrote, in part:

Hi Armand,

Thanks for writing.
We are getting a lot of inquiries regarding this topic.
I'm familiar with your blog previous to this incident. I've not had a chance to see the book.
Ok! Any further questions, just post and one of us will help you out.
Jenni

The Amazon Kindle ebook edition is still available.  No changes there.

I am going to "mull it over" for a while.  Luckily, I am in no hurry.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Search This Blog