"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, December 16, 2013

Latest DVD/Blu-ray Arrivals

Today turned out to be DVD/Blu-ray day.

Diamonds Are Forever




While Christmas shopping at Best Buy, I browsed through the bargain bin and found a number of classic James Bond movies. As I have most all of them, I picked up Diamonds Are Forever (1971). It starred Sean Connery, Jill St. John, Lana Wood and Jimmy Dean.

Diamonds is probably the worst Connery Bond movie. The story was silly (better fitted for Roger Moore) and much of the acting was terrible. Connery was fine, as he had an old pro's grace about him, but some of the co-stars were awful. It had its moments and it was better than the last two Roger Moore Bonds.

I hadn't seen Diamonds Are Forever for a long time as I just had an old VHS tape of it. The transfer of the DVD was excellent. The movie looked as if it were made recently, not 42 years ago. It was fun to see Las Vegas as it was in the early 1970s, the time I started going there. It was not the congested mess it is today.

I am not too thrilled about the box art, but that is just a minor quibble.

Jiro Dreams of Sushi



The Blu-ray of this 2011 documentary arrived today from Amazon. My roomie borrowed the DVD from her culinary school's library and we both enjoyed it. I reviewed it almost a year ago. I decided to buy the Blu-ray edition.

March of the Wooden Soldiers




The DVD I ordered arrived right on schedule, so we'll be watching it tomorrow night over a big batch of popcorn.

No comments:

Search This Blog