"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, December 20, 2013

"King Kong vs. Godzilla" and "Gorath"

My DVD (or Blu-ray) buying just wrapped up (or, at least until I see something that I want) when the mailman delivered two that I ordered from Far East Flix. Both are 1962 Toho productions.



The first is the Japanese version of King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962). I have a VHS copy of it, but it is time to retire it and I bought the DVD to be its replacement. It is a fun movie, if you can get past the horrid Kong suit. The design for Godzilla is one of the best, although the suit seems (to me) stiffer than those before and after it. The U.S. version (1963) was the second Godzilla movie I saw in a theater. Godzilla, King of the Monsters! (1956) was the first, but since I was two years old at the time, I have no memory of it.

Above, the Toho DVD box art.

The other movie (in DVD) is one I haven't seen since I was a kid, Gorath (1962). It was released in Japan as Calamity Star Gorath (妖星ゴラス Yosei Gorasu) and it was directed by Ishiro Honda and stars Ryô Ikebe, Yumi Shirakawa, Akira Kubo and Kumi Mizuno. The movie is about a rogue star, Gorath, that is on a collision course with Earth. I vaguely remember the movie since I haven't seen it since the mid-to-late 1960s.


No comments:

Search This Blog