"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Ruger 10/22 .22LR Rimfire Carbine Rifle

Above, the Ruger 10/22 Rimfire Carbine Rifle. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While shopping in a Big 5 sporting goods store today, I stopped in the gun section and noticed a Ruger 10/22 rifle for sale. It was priced on sale at around $279.

That jogged my memory of when I bought my 10/22 for about $85-90 back around 1982 or 1983 at a Big 5 store. Their website lists the price at $319.99.

The 10/22 is one of the most popular, if not the most popular, firearm in America. It is a fun plinking rifle.

A little about it (by Big 5):
Ruger 10/22 .22LR Rimfire Carbine Rifle 
The Ruger 10/22 rifle is America's favorite .22LR rifle, with proven performance in a wide range of styles for every rimfire application. Ideally suited for informal target shooting, plinking, small-game hunting and action-shooting events, 10/22 rifles have sold in the millions since their introduction in 1964. With their legendary action and renowned, reliable rotary magazine, all 10/22 rifles are sleek, perfectly balanced, rugged and superbly accurate. 
  • .22LR-caliber
  • 18.5" barrel
  • 10-round rotary magazine
  • Stainless steel barrel
  • Synthetic stock
  • ScoRuger 10/22 .22LR Rimfire Carbine Riflepe base included
  • Semi-auto action
As regular readers of this blog recall, I had to surrender my guns to the LAPD due to a temporary restraining order action. I was able to get all of my guns back (after the temporary restraining order was dismissed), except my 10/22. It had to be registered with the Bureau of Firearms before I could get it back. It was a hassle, but I got it back after the Department of Justice cleared it.

I noticed that used 10/22 rifles of the early 1980s are sought out by collectors (apparently they were better made back then with a walnut stock) who are willing to pay $200 (and up) for them.

According to a member of the calguns.net forum:
According to Google Fu an '82 is pre plastic trigger group housing and I believe (could be wrong) it has real blueing on the receiver vice the cheesey paint they use nowadays. A bit more desirable. I would buy it for $200 if it was in good condition. 

1 comment:

miawri said...

Hi There,
Thank you for sharing the knowledgeable blog with us I hope that you will post many more blog with us:-
One in every of John M. Browning’s final designs, the Browning SA-22 Rimfire Rifle has stood the take a look at of time.
Email:houseofammunitions@gmail.com
Click here for more information:- more info

Search This Blog