"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, April 28, 2022

John Wayne Cancer Foundation "Grit Series" Marathon In Ridgway August 27


In September 2020, I visited Ridgway, Colorado for the first time. Ridgway was the principal site of where True Grit (1969) starring John Wayne was filmed.

Above, Mitch Geriminsky and I at the True Grit Café in Ridgway in September 2020. 

This coming August, the John Wayne Cancer Foundation will be holding a marathon event in Ridgway.

I am seriously considering attending the event. Since I am a bit too old to participate as a runner, I will go as a spectator showing my support (along with making a donation).

The Ridgway area is a beautiful area of Colorado. Much of the town of Ridgway's buildings are still recognizable from when they were used in True Grit. It is about 200 miles from home. 


For more information, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog