"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Now I Can Get The Jeep's Brakes Fixed

Above, I can now finally get the Jeep towed into Gallup to get the brakes fixed. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, I had to return a piece-of-junk garden hose to Home Depot that I bought yesterday.

The stupid, cheap thing kinked up every three feet of its 50-foot length. It got so bad today that I just gave up and returned it and got a better one.

I was planning to go to Gallup this afternoon, but I went earlier instead to take care of the hose matter. As I was craving Chinese food for some reason (something I never do), I decided to go to King Dragon Chinese Restaurant that is nearby Home Deport.

I went there after my business at Home Depot was completed. I had sweet & sour chicken. It was good!

Above, today's lunch. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


The day did start out great, though.

I used up my four roadside assistance calls for this term with Auto Club when I locked my keys inside the Mustang a month or so ago. I was going to use that one for the Jeep to have it towed to the mechanic to get the brake leak problem fixed. 

I asked what my out-of-pocket cost would be if it were towed through them. They said $90 plus $7 to $10 per mile after three miles. That would make my cost around $300. No thanks.

Then, I went to the website for Hagerty Classic Insurance, the classic car insurer who insures the Jeep. I spotted a section listing, Roadside Assistance. I did not know if I had roadside assistance in my policy. So I called. 

The representative checked and said I have it with my Hagerty Club coverage. Hooray!

I then called my mechanic and set up an appointment for May 2. Finally, I can get the Jeep's brakes fixed.

Had I known that I had roadside assistance through Hagerty, I would have had the brakes fixed weeks ago.

Not a bad day.

No comments:

Search This Blog