"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, September 9, 2023

Tried The Chile Relleno Casserole Recipe

Above, after cooling, I added some avocado. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Last night, I tried out the chile relleno casserole recipe and it came out good.

It would have been better had I was able to get Hatch Valley chile peppers, but Albertson's was sold out of them. Instead, I used Anaheim chili peppers. Although milder than the Hatch green chiles, they had enough spice to them for good flavoring.

Above, read to consume with some Hatch Valley salsa and sour cream. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Next year, I'll buy some when I first see them at the market. Harvest season for Hatch green chiles is around the end of July and early August. 

I bought enough chile peppers to be able to make a second batch. Until I do, they are in the freezer (already roasted).

No comments:

Search This Blog