"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Grandmother and Her Granddaughter

Above, cousin Maria, Grandma Mary and Amber, August 15, 2009.

Today was spent packing more of my mom's belongings and moving some furniture items to my apartment.

This evening, I was perusing some of my mom's photo albums and I found some photos of my mom with my daughter Amber from the late 1980s. So I scanned a few and posted them below.

Amber and her grandmother were very close. Amber was with her in the ICU when she died. When my mom's heart rate would drop, Amber would tell her to "knock it off" and her heart rate would rise. You couldn't find a more devoted grandmother to her granddaughter or a granddaughter to her grandmother. Those two had a special bond.

Amber took my mom's passing very hard, which is understandable.

My mom was looking forward to attending Amber's graduation ceremony in May. She earned her B.S. degree in biology in December. Mom was so proud of her.

Above, at home in Hawthorne is my mom, Amber and Gabby, the family cat.

Above, an outing to Ports O'Call Village in San Pedro, California.

Above, three generations: Grandma, Dad and Amber. Amber doesn't look too happy for some reason.

Above, Amber and her grandma could play for hours. They often did.

Above, reading time.

1 comment:

Maria Malone said...

Beautiful memories....awesome pictures! Love, Maria

Search This Blog