"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Feeling One's Age

Moving furniture, major appliances and boxes can make one really feel their age.

More stuff was moved out of my mom's apartment (this is basically a solo operation) today. The bookcase was easy. It comes apart into three sections. Getting my mom's refrigerator over to my apartment was easy. My refrigerator was falling apart (it is over 20 years old) and my mom's is only about a couple of years old. Getting mine out was a major undertaking.

It is one of the largest models Westinghouse made around 1986. When I moved into my apartment 12 years ago, we had to cut a little off the bottom of the cabinet overhead to fit it in. Even then, it was a tight fit. Getting it out took three of us. Once we got it out, Mom's fit in easily.

After getting it set into its space, I had some floor cleaning and putting my other furniture back into place. Whew! All this physical work over the past several days has made every muscle in my body ache. I feel my age now. A hot shower was a welcome relief. No wonder I detest moving.

But, I am not quite done yet.

I have about 10 large boxes to be moved to our storage room. Once that's completed, I can say I am done moving my mom's items out of her apartment. All I need is a pick-up truck. That's a whole other story.

No comments:

Search This Blog