"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Today...



Today, my mom was laid to rest.

It has been an incredible six weeks. It all started around Christmas when my mom's final illness began (although, at the time, we had no idea that it would be so final). The days were like an out-of-control roller-coaster.

I couldn't have made it through these past weeks without the help and support of family and friends. Despite being scattered all over Southern California, they all came together in crisis. I am forever grateful.

I have to thank my cousin Maria for putting together the reception at her home in Wildomar, California (near Lake Elsinore). She has been my guiding hand these past weeks. (If anyone has photos of today's activities, please send me copies so I can post them here.) To all who brought the refreshments, another big thank-you!

My cousin Rosemarie gave a beautiful eulogy at the services. A big thank you to her! Coincidentally, the service shelter at Riverside National Cemetery was the same one we had my dad's services ten years ago.

I couldn't be any more pleased with the job Lorenzen Mortuary of Reseda, California did for my family. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them if anyone in the San Fernando Valley is in need of their services.

It has been an exhausting day. Although exhausted, I needed to unwind. When I got home this evening, I found in my mailbox a DVD of Adventures of Superman/George Reeves rarities from Michael J. Hayde, author of Flights of Fantasy. That was just what the doctor ordered. Great stuff! Thanks, Mike!

Above, extended stock flying scenes of George Reeves, including this one, were in the DVD in today's mail.

I still have some items that need to be removed from my mom's apartment. I hope to have this completed this weekend.

Thanks to everyone who made this difficult day a much easier one!

1 comment:

Dutch said...

Now those rarities I would like to see! I do hope things are well for you and your family during this time.

Search This Blog