"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, January 21, 2013

Cruise Ship "Celebrity Mercury"

Above, the "Celebrity Mercury" at anchor at Juneau, Alaska in 2000.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While perusing the collection of literature I picked up at the Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show (yes, I do read the literature I pick up at shows), I was reading Celebrity Cruises's 2013/2014 Cruises and Cruisetours book.

Above, my mom and daughter enjoying the view of Alaska aboard the "Celebrity Mercury."  Photo
by Armand Vaquer.

Back in 2000, my mom, daughter Amber and I took a cruise aboard the Celebrity Mercury in Alaska. The book didn't list the ship for any of the company's cruises.

Above, my mom and daughter having lunch aboard the "Celebrity Mercury."  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I then Googled Mercury and found in this article that the ship had been retired from Celebrity's fleet in February 2011.  It has been transferred to TUI Cruises and renamed Mein Schiff 2.  Now it sails the waters of Europe with destinations including Arabia, Dubai and Emirates, Eastern Caribbean, Eastern Mediterranean, Mediterranean, Transatlantic and Western Mediterranean.

At least the good ship is still sailing the seas somewhere.

No comments:

Search This Blog