"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, February 24, 2018

The Guest Room Coming Together

Above, the new night stand, lamp and sofa bed. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today was cold, but warm and sunny enough to venture out.

The first thing I did was to head over to the Flying J Travel Center to pick up my mail. Then, after that, I headed into Gallup to check out the town's mall, the Rio West Mall.

By Los Angeles standards, the Rio West Mall is on the small side with the only major department store being J. C. Penney. They had a number of small stores (Hot Topic was one of them) and a food court.

I went there to see about a night stand for the guest room (that will double as a library/den). I did manage to find a F.Y.E. video and music store. While there, I picked up the Universal Pictures Dracula Legacy Collection on DVD and a Blu-ray of Close Encounters of The Third Kind that contained the original theatrical version (I watched it tonight, the first time I've seen it in over 35 years), the "Special Edition" that came out in the 1980s and the "Director's Cut".

Seeing no furniture stores at the Rio West Mall, I headed out and after leaving the parking lot, I spotted a furniture store. I went in but didn't see anything that suited me.

I then decided to go over to the Furniture Warehouse, where I bought the sofa bed and dinette set. I found a night stand/end table that was just right and with a lower price than what I was seeing online.

They delivered the night stand this afternoon and it is now in place. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a table lamp for the guest room and finally unboxed it and put it in the guest room. The finished result is pictured at top.

Definitely a good day for getting things done.

No comments:

Search This Blog