"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, August 23, 2018

A Year Ago Today: Diamond Lake RV Park

Above, The Beast at Diamond Lake RV Park in Oregon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After an overnight stop in Juntura, Oregon, I pulled into the Diamond Lake RV Park near Crater Lake National Park.

It was a strange sight as I drove down U.S. 87 from Bend, Oregon to Diamond Lake RV Park. I was miles away from the coast, but the smoke from the area fires made it look like I was driving down the coast with fog covering any ocean views.

Above, Wizard Island is barely visible through the smoke. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

There were several fires in the Crater Lake area during my visit and smoke hung over like a fog. Fortunately, the smoke wasn't too visible from the RV park.

After setting up camp, I relaxed for a few hours and then decided to head over to Crater Lake National Park, which was only five miles away. My campsite had full hook-ups and was spacious. Unfortunately, there were no cell service to speak of or Wi-Fi available.

Above, The Phantom Ship. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I took a drive around Crater Lake on the rim road. The smoke from the fires were very evident as I stopped at different viewpoints to take pictures. This was my first visit to Crater Lake since I was 17.

Above, The Beast during my excursion around Crater Lake. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I stayed at Diamond Lake RV Park for a couple of nights before heading south into California to visit Lassen Volcanic National Park.

Still, despite the smoke, I enjoyed visiting Crater Lake. 

No comments:

Search This Blog