"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Photo Tinkering



A good portion of the afternoon was spent trying to shoot an ultra-sharp photo of the "Three Mesas" painting for Asya's online portfolio. I decided earlier this week to set aside time to do this.

The real problem is trying to get the lighting right and the image centered and straight. I had to close the blinds in the room (east and west sides) to elimate any shadows. Then after taking several photos under the RAW camera settings with my Canon Rebel T5i, I did some tinkering with it with the software I have to convert it and brighten it up.

The sharpest is in the Tagged Image File Format (or TIFF). The problem with that is that my AOL program only allows for images with less than 25 MB. It was over 100MB. So, I had to convert it to .jpeg in order to send it to her.

Although this bordered on being tedious, I am at least learning the features of my camera and the software and it gave me something to keep occupied.

No comments:

Search This Blog